Featuring Polished Gentleman’s Beard Grooming Kit
Having afull beard is one of the perks of being a man. It exudes power, confidence, and ruggedness, but it can also be a source of anxiety. Given the fact that a man’s beard is one of his most defining physical traits,Polished Gentleman recommends you take care of it. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to take care of your beard so that it looks and feels its best. When you use theright products, your beard will be soft, manageable, and healthy—and you'll have fewer worries about itchiness or irritation.
Groom-and-go options likeBeard Balm are perfect for those who want a simple way to tame their facial hair (though they'll still need to wash it). But for a gentleman who wants more customization options, try using multiplebeard grooming kits together:
- Shampoo and conditioner to cleanse your beard
- Beard oil as an everyday moisturizer
- Beard balm as a styling agent
- Boar brushes or combs depending on hair length
Now that you have your grooming kit ready to go, you're one step closer to a healthy beard. With the right tools and technique, you can keep your beard looking clean and well-groomed—and style it in ways that express who you are as an individual. For now, though, let's get started with the basics:
Wash and dry your beard.
To begin, you'll need to wash and completely dry your beard. Most types of shampoo and conditioner will work, but be sure to choose products that are gentle and safe for facial hair.Polished Gentleman’s Beard Shampoo and Conditioner are formulated with natural ingredients proven to stimulate hair growth, so you can grow a thicker, fuller beard.
After washing your beard, take acomb or beard brush to gently remove tangles and knots. It is good practice to comb before drying because it's easier to pull through knots when the hair is wet (it also minimizes breakage). Be careful not to be too rough or aggressive with the combing—your beard won't appreciate it!
After drying your hands on a towel, wrap it around your beard and pat it dry. The key here is not to rub your beard dry; instead, blot it gently until most of the water has been removed from your hair.
Apply oil and balm to your beard.
You’ll need to apply a proper amount ofbeard oil andbeard shaping balm at least twice a day. Too much product can leave your beard feeling heavy and greasy, while too little product will make it feel brittle and dry. For the best results, follow these steps:
- Pour a dime-sized amount of oil into one palm, then rub both palms together.
- Rub the oil into your whiskers in an up-and-down motion (like you’re combing) until the hair is covered. The method should take between 1 and 2 minutes.
- Use a pea-sized amount of balm and repeat steps 1–2 until it is absorbed by the hair. Beard balm is basically like a moisturizer for beards; it feels light but locks in moisture—plus it helps add softness and shine!
Start combing your beard.
If you’ve been growing your beard for so many days now, and have crossed that stage where it constantly itches, chances are you want to show that beard off. To keep your beard from looking polished, you need to comb your hair daily. Combing the beard correctly will not only improve the way the beard feels, but it will also definitely improve the way you feel.
- According toTimmy Yanchun, a Professional Barber, start combing your beard up and away from your face to fluff it out. Tilt your head up and start your comb at the base of your beard on your neck. Guide the comb up toward your chin and away from the middle of your face to separate the hairs and “fluff” your beard. Work the comb up slowly toward your cheeks until all of your facial hair points out and away from your face.
- Comb your beard back down to shape and style it. Start from the top of your cheeks when you begin shaping your beard. Work in slow, short strokes to straighten your beard out in the direction you want it to grow. Continue combing down the length of your beard until it’s the shape you want it.
- Work your mustache out and away from the center of your mouth. Start from the center of your mustache and work the comb out toward the corners of your mouth. Guide the hair, so it’s not covering your top lip if you don’t want the mustache to grow over it. Continue combing your mustache until you’re happy with its shape. If you want to make your mustache look fancier, try twisting or curling the ends with your fingers.
Beards are increasingly popular among men. They have come to be regarded as a statement of fashion and a marker of masculinity. The full and proud beard is a symbol of virility and sexual prowess.Every gentleman deserves a great beard or mustache, usually at the same time.
Worry no more, because here atPolished Gentleman, we haveeverything you need to satisfy your finicky face follicles. My good man, get the beard you've always dreamt of. Not only will it be glorious to behold, but it will also be incredibly polished. So get polished. Get Polished Gentleman.